[3830] ARRLDX CW 9A7P SOAB QRPARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2000

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 9A7P SOAB QRPARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2000
From: hrle@rkp.ice.hr (hrle@rkp.ice.hr)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:13:53 +0100 (CET)

      Call: 9A7P (9A6NHH)            Country: Croatia
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op, QRP !!

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160        0        0           0
       80        0        0           0
       40      123      369          35
       20      140      420          34
       15      262      786          51
       10      375     1125          49
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    900     2700         169  =   456,300

TS440S / 5W / 40m dipole@20m
              20m 2 el.quad
              15m 2 el.quad
              10m 2 el.quad

Club Affiliation: WWYC

Had to do:
600 qso               Done
150 mults             Done
350K points           Done
Top 5 World           time will show

Best QSO rate         54qso.. 2 times
Time on air           Saturday 00z-05z, 10z-21z
                      Sunday   04z-20z

What to say? This was my 3rd ARRL CW and finnaly I feel good.
I worked contests and contests but never felt such happiness on the end.
If my mum wasnt screaming on me to get off radio I would do 1K qsos for
sure and break that G4BUO's EU QRP record from '92 but...ahh :)
-----------
I even had 2 hours of run on my CQ on 10m... they were comming one by one..
every minute K1-K0...I just couldnt imagine this was happening.
Everything else was S&P.
Condx were fine. 40m was okey, 20m sucked and 15m & 10m were just like
in dreams. I missed DC & KS for WAS :(
Anyone worked DC at all? They dont have big stations there? :)
-----------
Bad things for the QRPers:
Calling CQ is like doing nothing.
When you're calling station and someone else is calling it at same
time you always loose.
Next year I hope I'll be again workin' QRP and beat that G4BUO's record
if any new dont show up? LY3BA & C31LJ did great job I guess..
I'm afraid they have beated me. :(
I'm sure I'm not gonna show up in SSB part as I hate SSB.
So till next contest....73 from this teenage opr.

9A6NHH - Hrle, age 16.
comments to: hrle@rkp.ice.hr