[3830] ARRLDX CW N6MJ SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6MJ SOAB HP
From: kc6cnv@aol.com (kc6cnv@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:20:33 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest - CW

Call: N6MJ
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6KP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

  160:     19     15
   80:     55     23
   40:    812     79
   20:    569     85
   15:    884     85
   10:   1003     90
----------------------
Total:   3342    377  =  3775278

Comments:

Antennas                      Radios:  TS-870 - 160m
10m: 6 el                              TS-940 - 15/40m
15m: 6 el                              TS-930 - 10/20/80m
20m: 6 el
40m: 4 el
80m: 67 ft vertical
160m:  short vertical

Thanks again to Tom, W6KP, for letting me use his fine QTH.  This was my first
try at SOAB in a DX contest, and I think I did okay.  Had a few minor
problems..  My keyer died on me and it took me 30 minutes until I got back on
the air.  One of the amps died, but thats ok, I was only using that one on 160m
and it happened late saturday nite.  Then the rain came..  The rain static
wiped out all bands and made it impossible to work anyone.  It started about
3:30 am Saturday nite, so I decided to sleep for an hour and hope that the rain
would go away..  When I got up it was still raining, but I was able to S&P for
some of the big guns.  Right at sunrise it stopped raining, so I went to 15m
and started running EU.  I had a great run going, I had 75 q's in 40 minutes,
then the rain came back.  Ended the hour with 80 q's or so.  It continued to
rain for another hour, and it was impossible to run anymore, so I S&Ped 15m and
made 20 q's that hour (instead of the normal 100) but picked up a few nice
mults.  It continued to rain, but all of a sudden the noise on 10m went away!
It rained off and on all day long, so when ever the rain started, I just went
to 10m.

73, Dan  N6MJ (ex-AD6DO)

If you want my rate sheet, let me know

N6MJ        3342  377   3775278SOAB HP