[3830] ARRL CW DX K4RO SO AB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL CW DX K4RO SO AB HP
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net> (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:51:31 -0600 (CST)
 K4RO ARRL DX Score SO AB HP

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

  160CW       14          14         42        11
   80CW       36          36        102        21
   40CW      247         243        705        58
   20CW      261         257        765        58
   15CW      506         500       1494        72
   10CW      729         723       2169        86

 Totals     1793        1773       5277       306

    Final Score = 1,614,762 points.

Station tour:  http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/stations/k4ro_stn.html

Friday night lightning storms right before the contest were scary!
About 32 hours total operating.  I just wasn't mentally or physically
psyched for a competitive effort this year, for a number of reasons.
Slept through alarm clocks as if they weren't even there, and missed
the big sunrise opening Saturday AM.  Had a blast anyway.  Running
a kW definately added to the fun factor significantly.  Congratulations
to K0EJ for an outstanding AB LP performance from Tennessee.

All low band contacts were made Friday night.  I didn't operate at
all Saturday night or Sunday morning, which likely killed my multiplier
totals.  Great 20 meter opening around 0800 Saturday, which was a real
thrill.  Thanks to K0EJ for telling me to watch out for it!  Tremendous
10m opening to Japan saturday evening.  Some QRP stations were S-9+, and
the rate topped 100 for over an hour.  It was great to have all antennas,
rotators, and station working FB.  I know the station is easily capable
of 2000+ QSOs.  Now about that operator...

Thanks for all the QSOs!  73,

-Kirk  K4RO