[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3KZ SOQRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3KZ SOQRP
From: VE3KZ@rac.ca (VE3KZ@rac.ca)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:54:35 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOQRP
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

QTH: ON

QSOs: 70  States/Provinces: 22  Countries: 0  Score: 7260

Comments:

Well folks, this was more of a QRP event than I had planned! I was just going
to go on for a few hours. The old 160m inverted vee sounded a little sad when I
fired it up but some of the stations were 30and 40 over 9 so I fired up to 5W
PEP up the spout and away I went. It turned out that there was an open in the
system. Today I checked the VSWR which was close to infinity, put some real
power into the antenna to weld it back together and the signals went up about
30 dB! It would probably be fair to say that all the stations I worked were
receiving ERP's in the milliwatt range when you worked me! I thought it was a
little harder than usual.  Great ears guys!