[3830] CQ160 SSB K1KY SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K1KY SOHP
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (k1ky@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 01:50:34 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K1KY
Operator(s): K1KY
Station: K1KY

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs): 20:43

QTH: TN

QSOs: 643  States/Provinces: 55  Countries: 9  Score: 92352

Comments:

Club: Tennessee Contest Group (TCG)

Didn't plan to do much in this, my 1st 160 SSB contest. Despite the terrible
noisy condx both evenings I somehow managed to play for 20+ hours. I remember
why I don't like running the amplifier on this band because it makes the
station such an alligator, coupled with the extreme static crashes both
evenings from the approaching storms. I know there were stations calling that I
was unable to hear -- Mucho apologies for that. First time in many months that
the beverages were needed and utilized to get the exchanges that otherwise
would have been impossible to copy.

Went up the tower Sunday afternoon and raised the Inverted Vee, and converted
the vertical from Folded Unipole to 1/4 wave elevated ground plane. I'm ready
for the next season!