[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6RO SOABLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K6RO SOABLP
From: k6ro@earthlink.net (k6ro@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:02:15 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest - SSB

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SOAB  Power: LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 43.5

  160:      8      4
   80:     39     18
   40:     79     38
   20:    293     84
   15:    288     82
   10:    631     98
----------------------
Total:   1338    324  =  1,299,564

Club: SCDXC

Comments:

I was looking forward to this contest just to compete with my friend
Bruce,WA7BNM as we have had some good head to head battles in the past.We have
similar stations and it is always fun to compare notes after the contest.I
called him just before the contest and he told me he had to go out of town on
business and could only be on part time.Sorry about that Bruce :)

10m-

4 element K6ZZ designed interlaced on a F12 15m 5 el beam @ 103 ft.
This was the money band this year which is always good for a low power
station.Mostly S&P with a few small runs mixed in.Very quiet band except for
intermittant rain/thunder storms on friday night and sunday which caused high
Qrn.

15m-

5 Element F12 @ 103 ft.
15 really never happened..had to keep going there to make sure I had a decent
mult total.Difficult to wk EU without really trying.Thanks to all the good ears
!No I am not N6RO....K6RO !! Only had to say that 100 times :)

20m-

6 Element F12 @ 89 ft.
Better than I thought on this band..but all S&P.Didn't really have to yell on
this band as condx were pretty good .

40m-

3 Element F12 on same boom as 20m.
40 was really tough as most EU stations CQ'd in my face.Only worked a few that
had good ears.Tried to run JA but it really never worked.Again,S&P.

80m-

F12 Rotatable @93 ft.
Just tried to work mults when all the hi power guys were done :)
Again,thanks to all the good ears.

160m-

sloper @55 ft.
Worked everyone I heard,just not enough of them.Congrats to ZF2NT as he was
louder than everyone !

Very happy with the results as my goal of 1 million points happened early
sunday morning.Personal best also !
Time for some sleep,73 de Larry K6RO,not N6

K6RO        1338  324 1,299,564SOAB    LP