[3830] CQ WPX SSB VK4UC SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX SSB VK4UC SOAB HP
From: cashen@ozemail.com.au (cashen@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:15:41 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ WW WPX - SSB

Call: VK4UC
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB  Power: HP
QTH: Qld
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:      1
   40:    170
   20:    313
   15:    433
   10:    966
-------------------------------
Total:   1890 x    710  =  4,257,870

Club: SCCC

Comments:

The conditions were fantastic and at times down right amazing. Like working
TF8GX from VK4 on 10M long path with a good S9 signal at 2200z. Unbelievable!
Well I wanted to give this one my best effort to date,but.....! First the shack
developed an RF breakdown at voice peaks somewhere between the Tuner and the
Stackmatch causing all forms of grief to the station before I discovered and
fixed the problem. Then my super ergonometric station chair came apart and
nearly undid all it's past good work for my back.  Finally in my sleepless
stuper in the last hours I hot switched the beams around and did something bad
to the remote switchbox out at the towers.  I couldn't use the C-31XR on
20 & 15 for the last 10 hours, but for some reason 10 was unaffected.
Fortunately, the two lesser beams performed well enough.
Thanks to CQ for organizing a great contest.