[3830] CQ WPX CW W6YX M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW W6YX M/S HP
From: mikeh@airflash.com (mikeh@airflash.com)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:07:58 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): W6KNS, W6LD, N7MH
Station:

Class: M/S  Power: HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:
   80:      6
   40:    388
   20:    792
   15:   1018
   10:     92
-------------------------------
Total:   2296 x    740  =  4,762,640

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was amazing to hear some single-op stations with 6-land call-signs posting
much higher numbers than we managed in a multi-single effort (and with 12 more
hours).  What a relief to see that WK6LA was not only another M/S, but on the
east coast.

This contest was our first using an interfaced radio (with TR-Log), so we
played with bandmaps and other cool stuff.  We also finally got our packet
set-up hooked up to our contest computers so that packet spots come into our
TR-Log bandmaps, which was also really cool.  There wasn't nearly as much
packet activity in this contest as for CQWW or ARRL DX, though.

We also played with a WX0B stack-match for the first time.  It was great being
able to split our signal between Europe and JA on both 20 and 15.

10 meters was really weird in this contest.  Very few stations could be heard,
but I could hear the same few eastern Europeans for several hours, but no other
European or African stations.  The band was open to Japan on Sunday with strong
signals, but we got few answers to our CQs (guess they were all at work on
Monday morning).

Equipment:
FT1000MP+Alpha77, IC-761+Alpha77, 6 el. monobanders on 10/15/20, 4 el 40,
KT34XA, PRO67A, 80m Inverted Vee, TR-Log 6.49

-Mike, N7MH