[3830] CQ WPX OE5OHO SO HP TS Assisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX OE5OHO SO HP TS Assisted
From: oe5oho@hotmail.com (Oliver Huber)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:19:31 GMT

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call: OE5OHO                   Country:  Austria
      Mode: CW                       Category: SO HP TS Assisted

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160       12       24   2.0        4
       80       38       80   2.1        9
       40      143      500   3.5       71
       20      352      713   2.0      139
       15      314      634   2.0      155
       10      153      309   2.0       87
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1012     2260   2.2      465  =   1,050,900

Club Affiliation: Bavarian Contest Club (BCC)

=

COMMENTS: Saturday night my body was longing for pile-up`s. At 20z I started
          "my WPX". The goal was to collect points for the BCC, about 1000
          Qs and something like 1.000.000 points.
          The first hour on 10m was the best, followed by the 40m session
          from 01z till nearly 03z (OE-sunrise). A short visit to topband
          didn`t provide any DX so I moved on to 80m, where the only DX I
          ran across was FY5KE, who sounded like a local - one call later
          I was in his log.
          Instead of working North/Central America on 40m I jumped to 20m.
          The 04z-hour was very nice but could have been better. At 07z I
          spent the last 30min on 20m and then 15m provided a continious
          flow of stations until 09z.
          After 16 hours of activity I reached my goal and I went QRT for
          some social activities.

          I can`t say that conditions did impress me - sometimes I had the
          feeling something was wrong with the bands, hi. But I sure had fun
          and won`t complain.

          As usual the lowbands were dead and probably the highbands the
          QSO- and multi-suppliers. Will be interesting if the box-entries
          reflect this (they sure will!).

          Thanks everyone for the nice contest,

                                                 73 de Oliver OE5OHO.

=