[3830] RE: [CQ-Contest] Robot Op Challenge

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RE: [CQ-Contest] Robot Op Challenge
From: lw9euj@ciudad.com.ar (MARTIN MONSALVO LW9EUJ)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:53:01 -0300
Hi Dick:
I agree with you.
Although this kind of  robot operators (software and hardware) could
possibly be perfected to unsuspected levels, I'm quiet sure they could never
be better than a  CW op like you. Furthermore, they won´t be able to win as
many CQ WW  contests as you did from 9Y :-)
This machines could become really efficient, but I don't believe contests
organizers will allow them.
I cannot imagine a robot category in CQWW.
Anyway artificial intelligence is here to stay.
Martin, LW9EUJ.