[3830] CQ WPX CW 8S5X M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW 8S5X M/M HP
From: sm5ajv@svessa.se (sm5ajv@svessa.se)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:49:07 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: 8S5X
Operator(s): SM5AJV, SM0GNS, SM5HJZ, SM0HPL, SM0IHR
Station: SM5HJZ

Class: M/M  Power: HP
QTH: SM
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     57
   80:    335
   40:    715
   20:   1650
   15:   1544
   10:    775
-------------------------------
Total:   5076 x    963  =  9,428,733

Club: TOEC

Comments:

Rigs:
We had three operating positions with
A: FT1000D + Alpha 87
B: FT1000MP + L4B
C: TS850 + Clipperton-L

Filters:
W3NQN design. Worked very good. We had some minor interstation
interference but we don't think it came from antenna coupling.
It was probably direct between rigs in the shack.

Antennas:
160: 34m top loaded vertical, Beverage for RX
 80: 4 square +  dipole, Beverage for RX
 40: 3 el Yagi + dipole
 20: 5 el Yagi + dipole
 15: 5 el Yagi + dipole
 10: 6 el Yagi + dipole
All Yagis was mounted on a single 42 meter rotating tower.
Using only one direction for all Yagis caused some fights between the
operators during the contest :-) The C-station was on 20 meters all the
time. Station A and B was using a 10-way A/B-switch for antenna selection.

Software:
TRLOG. We had a lot of trouble with the network. We probably
re-booted 50 times. Some causes could be memory problem and
RFI. Still, it really disattracted us from making QSO's.

Food:
Friday:   Ordered pizza from the local pizza maker August
Saturday: Fantastic Thai chicken by SM0HPL
Sunday:   Quiche Lorraine by SM0HPL
Does it sound like a Gourmet Contest?

Cats:
The Rate-Cats Sixten and Emil was sneaking around.
But most of the time they was gone to the woods on their own DXpeditions.

Finally we want to express our thanks to Jonas SM0HJZ and his wife Christel for
letting us do this multi-multi operation in their home.

See you all next year!