[3830] ARRL June VHF Contest - VE2ZP Single Op Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF Contest - VE2ZP Single Op Low Power
From: VE2ZP@sympatico.ca (Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:18:50 -0400
                       ARRL VHF QSO PARTY -- 2000

      Call: VE2ZP    Country: CANADA (Quebec section) FN25
                     Category: Single Operator Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

       50       27       27          17
      144       29       29          17
     -----------------------------------
     Totals     56       56          34  =   1,904

Equipment Description:

50MHz: Icom IC-551 + amp = 70w out  Antenna: 3 el Yagi at 88ft

144MHz: Yaesu FT-221R + amp = 80w out Antenna: 15 el Yagi at 90ft

Club Affiliation: Capital Region DX Club (Ottawa)

Comments:

Generally flat conditions, with almost no 6m Es apart from a very weak
opening to W4 (NC and FL) and an unworkable opening to W9 and W6 very late.
CW was the best means I had to attarct attention and to get folks to turn
their beams this way.  This is my best VHF contest score yet, but that's
not saying much.  By September, I should be on 222 and 432.