[3830] K0YW Arrl Vhf Qso Party 6M SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0YW Arrl Vhf Qso Party 6M SOHP
From: k0yw@rmi.net (Bruce Clark)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:31:16 +0100
I ran 6Meter SO High Power this year From the home Qth in DM67 in
Southwest Colorado near Durango. The band was only fair on Saturday with
a lot of intermittent Es mixed with a lot of Meteors. Sunday started the
same way, then exploded at about 10:00am with major Es in all directions
with good double hop east although not to New England. Those conditions
stayed in til the end of the contest at 0300Z. The best I've heard since
1968!!

Band: 50MHZ    Class: Single Op High Power

        Qso's        Mults        Final Score

        591            194            114654

Station is Ts850S Driving DEM 50-28 Transverter. Amp is homebrew 8877@
1.5kw out to 6el yagi on 24' boom @100ft fed with 7/8 Heliax. Had a
great time, QSL via POB125 Ignacio, Co. 81137. 73 Bruce Clark K0YW