[3830] QST QST QST de W1AW W1AW W1AW/4

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] QST QST QST de W1AW W1AW W1AW/4
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (K4OJ)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:45:50 -0400
...a banner weekend for the Florida Contest Group!

Our club has two contenders at the WRTC, WC4E and returning champ K1TO -
this alone is reason for celebration!

One of them even wins, a repeat no less by K1TO and N5TJ!

As a club we are overjoyed for our fellow members, but AS A CLUB we can do
EVEN MORE....

The rest of us didn't want it to all go to these guys heads so we  decided
to do the following up right, who has the W1AW/Portable record books
(W2CE???) ?

drum roll please........

                             IARU HF Championship -- 2000
                                        Call: W1AW/4
                                    Country:  United States
                                  Category: Multi Multi Multi
                    Brought to you by: The Florida Contest Group

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160      141      421     2.99      8      1
       80      508     1550     3.05     17     15
       40     1169     4097     3.50     39     25
       20     4154    15700     3.78     49     34
       15     3669    14997     4.09     55     35
       10     1738     5844     3.36     34     16

     Totals  11379    42609     3.74    202    126

                 Score: 13,975,752 points

Operator List:

The Florida Contest Group (minus WC4E and K1TO), contacts were made from six
different sites, utilizing the best of the clubs manpower and hardware
resources...a true team effort.  QRX for the full operator list.

If you don't think this is awesome then you have never operated from Florida
in July!  Severe weather forced shut downs by several stations but as a club
we were able to minimize our down time by making QSOs from sites NOT in
thunder and lightning!

Special thanks to our low band operators, they may not have amassed a lot of
contacts but they sure as heck listened to a lot of snap crackle pop and
hissssssssss!

Club Affiliation:

THE Florida Contest Group

This is to certify that in this contest we have operated
our transmitters within the limitations of our licenses and have

Jim White, K4OJ
W1AW/4 Coordinator.

A VERY Proud member of the Florida Contest Group, visit our website at:
http://www.qsl.net/fcg

The Florida Contest Group thanks K1ZZ and the ARRL for the opportunity to
host W1AW/4 and make over 11,000 QSOs in the 2000 IARU HF
Championship...thanks to everyone who worked us!