[3830] IARU HF B4R M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU HF B4R M/S
From: bd4rr@cn99.com (bd4rr@cn99.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:13:30 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: B4R
Operator(s): BA4RD, BD4RS, BD5RV/4, BD4RR
Station: BY4RSA

Class: M/S  Power: HP
QTH: NANJING
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:       0        0        0
   80:       0        0        0
   40:               24       15
   20:              154       40
   15:              944       62
   10:               90       24
-----------------------------------
Total:       0     1212      141  =  667,212

Club: JIANGSU DX CLUB

Comments:

We decided to take part in the contest in a hurry, and this brings us some
troubles. We got together only a few minutes before 1200UTC. We have some
trouble in connecting our new FT-1000MP and old TL-922 Amp., had to run
bare-foot for about 1 hour. Anyway we found a way out later. Soon we found
that there's some problem with the line from notebook to FT-1000MP, we can't
use CT software to make FT-1000MP send morse code, so we have to use paddle
and straight key to do a few CW QSOs.
The 15m condition is quite good, opened whole night, close next morning, and
reopen later. 20 meters opens for some time. But we almost got nothing on 40m
as well as 10m. We had expect more QSO on 10 meters.
We also spend some time to search S5 WRTC stations.
We are very glad we can override all kinds of problems, and satisfied with the
1212 QSOs and 667,212 points result.