[3830] NAQP CW K6LL SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K6LL SO
From: K6LL@juno.com (K6LL@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:30:04 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:      9      6
   80:     40     23
   40:    130     41
   20:    312     54
   15:    199     49
   10:     29     18
----------------------
Total:    719    191  =  137,329

Club/Team: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

I got into a groove, about 0030Z, of cq'ing on 20 while s&p'ing on 40.
The rate was about 90, strange stations that I had never worked before
were calling on 20, and it was such good fun that I just kept blasting
away. At about 0220 it finally dawned on me that I had only about 1.5
hours of operating time left, and hadn't cq'd once on 40, not to mention
the small details of working 80 and 160! Well, the low band scores
suffered, but it was fun! At least I'll probably have more qso's on 20
than all the other single-ops. Do they give certificates for that?

Spent all day Friday finally finishing up a project of band decoders (built
into
the TS-850's), and logic boxes to automate the filter/antenna selections.
It works great, and, while the automation just eliminates a few switches,
it is a great pleasure to qsy with just a keystroke on the computer,
without worrying about anything else.

I have a very good domestic contest database, but there were a LOT of
new calls in this contest, unusual for a cw naqp. Maybe that's a good
sign.

Thanks to everyone for all the qso's and for moving to other bands.
See you on phone.

Dave, K6LL