[3830] SARTG DJ7AA Multi-Single HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SARTG DJ7AA Multi-Single HP
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:31:34 +0000
             2000
-+- SARTG WW RTTY Contest -+-
Sponsored by the Scandinavian Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group.

CALL: DJ7AA     Country: Germany

Multi-Op. Single Transmitter (All band only)

        QSOs    Points  DX  Call Areas
80m:    68      675     31      2
40m:    121     1305    37      12
20m:    333     4215    68      26
15m:    328     4280    74      28
10m:    130     1670    51      20
----------------------------------
Total:  980    12145   261      88

Total multipliers: 349
                                -----------------
                                Score:  4.238.605
                                -----------------
Station Description:
FT1000D
IC736,
PA 750W,
PTCII, PTCIIe

Antenna(s):
80m 4square, single vertical 22m
40m 3el FORCE12,
20m 6el Force12,
15-10m 4ele Sommer Beam
HF6V

Software: Writelog 1.18 (simply the best for RTTY)

Operators:DJ7AA,DK1BT

Remarks:

Great weekend with excellent propagation make this contest a succes.
Mostly we want to use this weekend for testing our station and network
stuff for the upcoming CQ-WW-RTTY contest.

To bad, that specially on 40/80m the activity was less then last year.
Just 1 US Callarea and 1 VE on 80m, no JA on 40 may be the only
lowlights from here. We really spend some time on sunset and sunrise
on 40 and 80m with endless cqings and lisn, but nearly nothing.
Better use this time next to run on the "easy" bands.

But a lot of highlights, to work deap into US on 10m, lots of JAs from
20 to 10, lots of interesting DX-Countrys make this contest very
atraktiv. 74 countrys on 15m (and we missed 9V1 and HS0 there) is
something. So wonder, what will be possible in the CQ-WW in September.

So, Manfred and I thanks to all, who worked ore called us. Sri for
some bad copy on saturday morning, a thunderstorm with static rain
makes the Force12 antennas really "deaf" (they are insulated from
the boom and having big corona noise)

We are now waiting for our trip into Panama in September, and hope
to worke you all again as HO1A in the CQ-WW-RTTY. Please look then
also a bit more on 80/40 even when the condx good on high
frequencies. The contest runs on 5 bands, hi..

Hope you have a look also on the expedition web site as follows:

http://www.qsl.net/ho1a

73 Wil DJ7AA