[3830] CQWW SSB W4MR M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4MR M/S HP
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:00:56 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: W4MR
Operator(s): K4MA,N4CW,K4HA,KI7WX,AA4NC
Station: AA4NC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:     25     12     22
   80:     65     18     54
   40:    124     31     89
   20:   1006     38    146
   15:    886     38    144
   10:    897     36    135
-------------------------------
Total:   3003    173    590  =  6,410,726

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

A big 1.5M improvement for us this year, just not big enough! We'll blame it on
the packet system - It was down or sending out 4 hour old spots for about
half the contest. When it was working, we could never get to the spots as fast
as a few of the Single Op/"No packet" guys. How do they do it?? How can 300
Italian watts be so loud?? Eternal mysteries...
First time using a beverage here. The stealth zigzag NE beverage worked better
than expected. I think conditions on the lowbands were down a bit however.