[3830] CQWW SSB P40P SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB P40P SOAB LP
From: w5robert@blkbox.com (w5robert@blkbox.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:13:57 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: P40P
Operator(s): W5AJ
Station: P40P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:     25      6     12
   80:    111     11     23
   40:    336     22     60
   20:   1302     31     90
   15:   1405     31     95
   10:   2822     32    102
-------------------------------
Total:   6001    133    382  =  9,177,300

Club/Team: CTR

Comments:

1. Great 10 meter opening.
Hoped for high rates from P4 on 10 into states like 98.  Surprise was great
rates to almost anywhere.  20 did not always make.
Moved SU9ZZ to 15 and his signal dropped 20db.
Moved to 20 and we could not make the QSO.  Typical of several moves.
2.  Great antennas at Carl's station.
3.  Recorded the contest using recall software.  Figure I can learn about my
"U" contacts next year when reports come out & what I need to copy better.
Set recording laptop & my small dvp machine where the Alpha normally sits.
4.  Flew & tested a 3/2 wave kite vertical on 80 Thursday night.
Perhaps in a future contest it will see action with a reflector & 160 version.
5.  Got a four hour nap Friday afternoon.  This was great - a first for me.
Could feel difference Saturday.  Could not get in nap Saturday AM.
Too worried I would over sleep the sunrise openings.
6.  Bands packed.
7.  More on kite later   http://www.blkbox.com/~w5robert/p40p.htm
8.  setup the beverages by Carl's drawing and decided beverages really do work.
 900 feet to USA & a 600' to EU.  There were signals I could
copy on the beverages but not on dipoles - something I have not experienced
before.  May put some up at home now.
in a beverage.
9.  Did I mention great antennas at Carl's station?