[3830] CQP Cnty Exped KS6U LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP Cnty Exped KS6U LP
From: k4xu@arrl.net (k4xu@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:26:28 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: KS6U
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: Cnty Exped  Power: LP
QTH: Modoc
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:              106
   40:     145      133
   20:     163      419
   15:     148      390
   10:      49      814
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     505     1862       57  =  298,623

Club: Central OR DX Club

Comments:

ops:  K7ZM, K7YLO, K7YCQ, K9QAM, W7MT, WA7A, KS6U, K4XU

Did Rhode Island get washed out to sea?

A Field Day operation by a bunch of semi- and retired
gents from Bend, OR. We were set up at a Forest Service fire
lookout near Newell, CA, about 20 mi inside CA, southeast of
Klamath Falls.  The entire setup ran off one 20A GFI circuit,
courtesy of the NFS.  Your tax dollars at work. The nearest store
is 15 miles away on dirt road.

It was our second foray into deep dark Modoc County and the
experience of last year helped a lot.  We ran three transmitters
most of the time into two tribanders at 40 ft and dipoles.

Dick, K4XU