[3830] CQP M/S K6III QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP M/S K6III QRP
From: jerry.bliss@us.telegyr.com (jerry.bliss@us.telegyr.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:39:35 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: K6III
Operator(s): K6III,KQ6LQ
Station: K6III

Class: M/S  Power: QRP
QTH: SIERRA County
Operating Time (hrs): 15:00

  160:
   80:       4        5
   40:      13        6
   20:      60       65
   15:      42       53
   10:      22       53
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     141      182       50  =  39,350

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K2 running 5-watts.
Antennas : Carolina Windom CB-80 (wire) up in Pine trees at 40-ft.

Soapbox : QRP is tough in this activity with all the QRO operations
          in CA. Took us 2-hours to get the wire antenna up in the
          pine trees! Tried the bow-n-arrow technique but lost the
          arrow in the trees. Then reverted to Rock-n-String and got
          the windom up to about 40 feet. Finally on the air about
          3 hours after the start of the activity. Most fun for us
          was teaming up with NC6DX in NEVEDA County. Ted was QRO with
          beam and we piggy backed on his freq... him doing all the
          CQing and announcing our presence on freq for callers.
          TNX TED. Sorry your rate suffered but I think we made a few
          happy campers with two rare counties on the same freq...
          Maybe we have started a trend (?). Very generous of you.