[3830] CQWW SSB K0UK SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K0UK SOAB LP
From: ukbrown@aol.com (ukbrown@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:34:47 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Colo.
Operating Time (hrs): 34.3

  160:     10      6      6
   80:     46     12     23
   40:     85     22     41
   20:    244     33     94
   15:    336     33     92
   10:    411     30     92
-------------------------------
Total:   1132    136    348  =  1,508,144

Club/Team: Grand Mesa Contesters and DX Society

Comments:

First All band single op effort since back in the 80's. Plus its with a  far
less station.. FT1000d and A3S at 86ft. old TH6DXX at 22ft to SA and dipole on
80 and 40mtrs. Sloping wire on 160 with neighbors all around .With their noise
machines a'going strong... S&P and thats the way it went from the start..I
could never get a good run... Never had the rate meter over 95 Q's per
hour..Just steady eddie this weekend...Heartbreak was hearing SV with a good
signal an huge pile up at the end. I couldnt get through..Most interesting was
working EU on 10mtrs with screwy path over AF. With the TH6 at times having a
better signal into SA.  I wonder if my neighbor knows I beam through his bed
room to SA with the old TH6.   Had fun tho..See ya in SS and maybe CW.  PTL and
God Bless, bill brown