[3830] CQWW SSB AX3TZ SOSB/40 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AX3TZ SOSB/40 LP
From: jennyb@alphalink.com.au (jennyb@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:50:06 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: AX3TZ
Operator(s): VK3TZ
Station:

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Australia
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:    220     25     39
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    220     25     39  =  38,336

Club/Team:

Comments:

Worked all weekend to homebrew a 2 ele shortened yagi. Worked OK. Congrats to
those who could hear my 100 watts on 40! Heard but could not work zone 2, 11,
12, 17, 20, 22, 24, 34, 37. Didn't hear 7, 23, 35 and 38.

Could not work a single European at sunrise. Hopeless attempt with low power.
This makes the multiplier count very low. Shame, there's not a spot to go away
from the massive power busters. Probably heard about another 30 or 40
countries. E30TA very strong but no luck. CN8WW .... great ears! for a new one
on 40m and working K5K first call after calling for hours on CW days earlier.

Another zone 30 record makes me happy, previous was 15,012. But boy oh boy, low
power on the low bands is good for patience building. How do those guys running
QRP do it? Some good signals from states. Some EUs were audible on the LP 3
hours before sunset, HG6N, DF0HQ. Heard PY0FF LP over the North pole. Did you
work zone 30?

See ya next year... perhaps a return to an all band effort, but 15m is calling
me. Decisions, decisions. What a hobby!

Cheers

TONY, VK3TZ