[3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB LP
From: np4z@isla.net (np4z@isla.net)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:21:57 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Puerto Rico
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:    123     10     20
   80:    327     12     57
   40:    636     21     80
   20:    952     34    105
   15:   1148     32    111
   10:   1302     28    105
-------------------------------
Total:   4488    137    478  =  6,878,160

Club/Team: FCG

Comments:

What an amazing time, this is the first time that I try two radio setup
and I have mixed feelings about it, It really helped the multiplier total
but killed my qso aspirations. 1000 qsos less than expected but 52 mults more.
Keeping manual band maps and sticky pads with calls and frequencies create a
lot of distraction. I found out what my wife tells me all long " you men cannot
do more than one thing at a time!!" Congratulations to the real men that can do
2 radio and break records!. The combo of new antennas and two radio setup
improved the score in 1.4meg. The new hill top QTH was enhanced this year
with a Bencher Skyhawk " what a killer antenna!!" verticals and lots of wires
for the low bands. The combo of the FT1000mp and OmniVI makes an interesting
match of two totally different radios. Omni 6 on the low bands cannot be
beaten.

For the first time of my life I was ready to go friday morning, slept for
90 min the second morning at 0830-1000 and at the end I wanted more!!

equipment
FT1000mp
Omni6
dunestar 2 radio switching devices

Antennas

Bencher Skyhawk 10 ele tribander
R7
VEE beam for 20 mtrs
VEE beam for 40 mtrs
sloping dipole for 80
Inverted V for 160
500' Beverages East/North

Location:
QTH south of San Juan in mountain top aprox 1700 ft above sea level

Cu next year
Felipe
NP4Z