[3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP
From: rpechie@snet.net (rpechie@snet.net)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:22:30 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H, N1XS, AA1CE, N1BU,KB1DFB, NB1U, K1EBY, W1TJL, LU9AY, N7PRD
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: East Killingly, CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:      9      5      4
   80:    192     20     78
   40:    212     24     88
   20:   1145     36    150
   15:   1335     39    154
   10:   1087     38    146
-------------------------------
Total:   3980    162    620  =  8,388,514

Club/Team: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We expanded our 3 station M/M to a 4 station M/M. As always, this is not our
class nor mode but this gets us the practice we need to be competitive in the
ARRL contests as a M/2. Also more points for the YCCC this way. We were 100%
YCCC eligible.

Like everyone else, Saturday was a blast and Sunday difficult! Surprisingly the
boys plugged away on 10 meters and made more than 300 QSOs on that broken band
Sunday.

Our situation on 160 is pitiful. We will get an antenna up for this band soon.

Hopefully we will learn to run someday and then reach the next plateau in
score.

We have had snow during 3 of the last 4 contest. If we had the aurora that the
KL7 gang had I would think we were in Alaska.

Thank you for the QSOs and we apologize for all the statins we just couldn't
pull in through the noise.

See you in CW,

73 Dick - KB1H