[3830] CQWW SSB FS/K4ZA SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB FS/K4ZA SOAB HP
From: k4za@juno.com (k4za@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 09:05:38 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: FS/K4ZA
Operator(s): K4ZA
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: French St. Martin
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:     14      6     11
   80:    214     12     47
   40:    253     18     59
   20:   1006     32     96
   15:   1374     34     87
   10:   3027     32    118
-------------------------------
Total:   5888    134    418  =  8,045,400

Club/Team: CDXA

Comments:

While disappointed with overall score, it does represent a solid effort for a
Field Day-type setup.  One guy, one radio, one beam & a wire.  I was simply too

tired--was still climbing at 5:30, trying to get something to work on 160.
Spent far too much time getting the PJ7-QTH working for N4ZC, & not enough time
getting the French side ready.  Hampered by not having furniture at the site (a
commercial installation on Peak Paradise, still under construction by PJ7UQ, I
spent much of the contest operating standing up & later trying to sleep on the
concrete slab floor.  Hey, it's only a contest, right?  Seduced by rate & its
great S/N ratio, I probably spent too much time on 10M, providing a personal
best 412/hour, working speedy US ops, who had no trouble with the mouthful of
callsign (which I gave after nearly every QSO).  It was problematic to South
Americans, for some reason.  Conditions went downhill throughout the contest,
from my point of view.  Sunday was much slower than anticipated.  The low bands
were also disappointing, but that could have been my fault--not having good
antennas.  Thanks for the Qs!