[3830] ARRL SS CW K7SV SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K7SV SO LP
From: schimmy@erols.com (schimmy@erols.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:53:45 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: SO LP
Section: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:     85
   40:    234
   20:    181
   15:     91
   10:    110
-------------------------------
Total:    701 x     80  =  112,160

Club: POTOMAC VALLEY RADIO CLUB

Comments:

Lots of discussion on the contest reflector regarding shortening of
SS CW. I think Sunday afternoon has become a catch 22. Activity is
down, so more and more people are finding things that are PLEASANT
to do, so the activity during that period continues to spiral
down. I'm pleased that so many enjoy SS, but having just completed
my first solo in 20 years, I think I remember why it's been that
long. I operated from home in an effort to boost the club score.
Next year, given the opportunity, I think I'll be back with the
multi group I've joined for the past ten years or so. We entertained
each other between the sparse Sunday afternoon Qs! Guess
I'm getting old!