[3830] CQWW SSB FS/AH8DX SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB FS/AH8DX SOAB HP
From: kmaxey@uswest.net (Kathy M Maxey)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:46:37 -0800
Call:  FS/AH8DX
Op.:  Craig M. Maxey
Class: SOAB HP
Hours of Operating:   35
Rig:  Tentec Omni VI
Amp:  Tentec KW Cent.
Ant: Force 12 C3S up 20' on beach, Cushcraft HF2V for 80 & 40, Inverted =
L for 160

BAND              QSOs              ZONES             COUNTRIES
-

160:                 43                    05                         15
 80:                  24                    11                         =
23
 40:                419                    16                         49
 20:              1086                    27                         87
 15:              2001                    34                       108
 10:              2996                    32                       109
-

                    6569                   125                        =
391     =3D    8,188,920

Soapbox:

I am not very happy with myself this year.  Half way through the test, =
my computer crashed with no more memory.  The second half was all paper =
logged with no idea of what mults I needed and my score speaks for =
itself regarding the mults.

After the computer crash early Saturday night, I made the decision to go =
to bed with no drive left to stay in the test.  In the morning I said to =
myself that I cannot just throw the towel in, so I began running them =
again.  I know that around the world, every op. is going through some =
type of problem(s) with their station.  I only wish that I would have =
not given up when the computer  crashed!

It is not an easy task packing up my complete station and setting up =
fieldday style.  Trying to go for some type of a record is the =
challenge.  It is the records that I continue to go after each October =
for the CQWW, that keeps me popping up from some country around the =
globe.

GUD DX,

AH8DX, Craig
=20