[3830] ARRL SS CW K4XU SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K4XU SO LP
From: k4xu@arrl.net (k4xu@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:08:38 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
Section: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:     64
   40:    168
   20:    260
   15:    342
   10:    248
-------------------------------
Total:   1082 x     80  =  173,120

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Lessee... flight leaves 17:33 local Sunday, back up an hour for
travel and check-in, another half hour to pick up presentation
at the office and then add 8 hours for GMT... gotta quit at 0100Z.
This year my 23 hours of operating were determined by my business
rather than strategy.  It got pretty slow on 80m at 10Z even though
the conditions were good in general.

I can hear a lot better on 80 and 40m if I can arriange for both
neighbors to turn off their computers which they normally leave on all
night....  The stackmatch worked great. I started out with 2R but something
died in the front end of the old Omni V so I was forced to call CQ and read
magazines instead of being more productive - frustrating!!

This was the best CW result I've had in several years. I had two real solid
hours on 10m at the start.  VO1GO called me. I stumbled across W2RA/VY0's pile
on Sunday morning and turned both beams NNE and broke the pile for #80. At that
point 30 an hour till the end of the contest was top ten country. Last two
hours were 45 per which made it doubly tough to pull out with two hours of
productive time left.

73, Dick