[3830] K1AM WAE RTTY score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K1AM WAE RTTY score
From: k1am@home.com (Jeff Bouvier)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:16:14 -0500
2000 WAE RTTY Contest

CALL: K1AM

Single OP., All Band

         QSOs   QTCs    Multipliers
80m:    15      0       32
40m:    138     50      111
20m:    238     40      108
15m:    248     529     92
10m:    255     590     102

Total:  894   + 1209  X         445     = 935,835

        This was a fun contest but conditions were not very good.
I had not planned to put much time into this contest but once I got in
the groove and was having fun I just kept going.
        It seems like most of the rtty ops are treating these contests
more seriously lately by shortening there exchanges, not sending the
other guy's call more than once, and many are not using the "friend"
file. I think the reason that most contesters on cw & ssb don't like
rtty contests is because of the slow pace. If we keep our xmissions
short I think we'll see more new blood in rtty contests. One new habit
I see that bothers  me is people repeating back the exchange that was
sent to them. This is not done on any mode except for some people on
RTTY and I wish people would not do it. I often log that number when
it is sent to me (especially after many hours at the radio) and then
have to erase it when I realise that someone is confirming my
exchange. Not a good precedent to set imo. Depending on the contest, I
still think <callsign> 599-001-001-001 is all one needs to send. Some
people still call and send the exchange when they call. That is a
great way to NOT get into the log. Yikes!  A lot more people were
sending or receiveing qtc's this time. That was fun, plus it gave me a
chance to get a drink or go to the bathroom while the qtc's were being
sent. ;)
        Congrat to Wil, DJ7AA, on the very big score. That is a new
world record. It will be interesting to see if it holds. There were
some other very big scores this weekend. Maybe it will come down to
the number of QTC's!
        Thanks to everyone for the q's, qtc's, and a good time.

        73, Jeff K1AM