[3830] ARRL SS SSB N0AX Multi-Op

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB N0AX Multi-Op
From: hwardsil@wolfenet.com (hwardsil@wolfenet.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:36:12 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX, KD7DQO, KD7FWQ, KD7FYX
Station: N0AX

Class: Multi-Op
Section: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:     39
   40:     34
   20:    163
   15:     51
   10:    348
-------------------------------
Total:    635 x     80  =  101,600

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

A successful boy-power multiop at N0AX's QTH this year - another sweep for the
kids, um, young MEN.  We no longer have the problem of their being confused
with YLs in the phone pileups.

Figured a sweep was in the works when on Sunday morning I heard two VE9's
working each other on 10-meters.  Propagation was TIP TOP!  Best in years -
hope it holds for The Contest next weekend.  VY1JA had a cracking signal down
here on 10-meters.

Dad did the heavy lifting on 75 Saturday night and showed the young dogs how
it's done on 20-meters late in the show, but by and large, the QSOs were
acquired by Lowell, Joe, and Webster.  For those of you contemplating a teen
multi-op, it seems to work best with one logging and one operating with paper
and pencil.  We worked on accuracy this year, but they don't have all the
experience to know when some of the info "looks funny", so it helps to have two
ears copying.  This also seems to be more fun for them - less stress.

Was it just me, or were there a lot of multioperator stations out there?  Sure
seems like more fun than just slogging through by yourself.

73, Ward N0AX