[3830] ARRL SS SSB K1OU SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K1OU SO HP
From: jerryb@greenapple.com (jerryb@greenapple.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:30:16 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: K1OU
Operator(s): K1OU
Station: K1OU

Class: SO HP
Section: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:    454
   40:    411
   20:    344
   15:     56
   10:     34
-------------------------------
Total:   1299 x     80  =  207,840

Club:

Comments:

As usual, this was about the too much and the not enough.  The too muches on my
behalf included digging too hard for fills, fussing with a cantankerous
computer that is 300 in human years, spending time on 40, trying to set up a
run on the higher bands, and dealing with pig farmer white noise generators on
75.  Perhaps at this location, the 10/15 antenna is a bit high??

The not enoughs were patience to get on 75 earlier, and it would have helped to
have been louder.  Also, with a new station here, maybe my ego got the best of
me and prevented me from S&P, as I spent probably ninety-five percent of the
time calling CQ.

Thanks to everybody that put up with me while dealing with my computer, me
saying everything just short of attracting Riley's attention.  Also, thanks to
the casuals who showed up Sunday, the new people, THE BIG GUNS, and the amp for
not blowing up.

SO2R??  Next year for sure.

EQUIPMENT: FT-1000MP, 500 watts (go ahead, laugh!!), a voice keyer from an
anonymous manufacturer, Force 12 C3S@60', 40 Delta loop@58', 80 meter cloud
warmer inverted vee,apex@50, and the aforementioned cranky computer.  Add
neophyte at cockpit.