[3830] ARRL SS SSB W7UQ School Club

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB W7UQ School Club
From: kl9a@qsl.net (kl9a@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:45:40 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: School Club
Section: ID
Operating Time (hrs): 8:12

  160:
   80:     12
   40:     40
   20:    268
   15:    247
   10:    172
-------------------------------
Total:    739 x     74  =  109,372

Club: University of Idaho

Comments:

Just playing around really.  Had to leave on sunday for WA (where I am now!)
for the thanksgiving week... and CQWW CW!  Had a GREAT start, then a W6 took my
freq on 10m.  Rate went south, and I went to 15m.  Huge runs on 15m.  First 4
out of 5 hours were over 100, with the other being 99.  My best SS ever, and I
was actually having fun. :)  I thought 40 and 80 were going to be as fun as in
CW.  They weren't... I'm just too weak on those bands with 100w and a low wire.
 So those were all Search and pounce.  After a while it was getting hungry in
the shack, so I packed up and left.
Strange things about this contest: Missed WWA, but heard K7RI on 20m vy
weak...thinking WWA would be easy on 40/80 later on.  Called about 10 times for
W7OM on 40m, but he was very weak.  That's unusual!  Also missed WY and MT,
which I heard on 40/80, but they never heard me.  VY1JA called me for qso
number 72.  That was a nice one to get out of the way.  Missed AK, NL, PQ, MT,
WWA, and WY.
Hours were: 126, 117, 99, 126, 107, 73, 51, 32, 8.
My best score in SS yet... I have never done an SS for more than 12 hours!
See everyone in CQWW CW SOAB HP from N6HR as N7IP.
73!
-Chris KL9A
kl9a@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a