[3830] ARRL SS SSB W6KC SO Unlimited

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB W6KC SO Unlimited
From: W6KC@arrl.net (W6KC@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:25:11 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: W6KC
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Unlimited
Section: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:     23
   40:     79
   20:     50
   15:    386
   10:     82
-------------------------------
Total:    620 x     80  =  99,200

Club:

Comments:

After getting a sweep on the CW weekend I really wanted a sweep on phone to get
into that challenging double sweep club for the first time.  The Unlimited
category was great.  I set up a second PC just for spotting on the QRZ and
dxsummit Websites.  With two browser windows open and a DSL Internet connection
I had plenty of opportunities to find all the good ones without a second radio
to worry about.  I also had a TV in the shack so I could follow all the good
Saturday college games as well.  I think this could be a new category ? Radio,
Internet and TV multi-media contesting.  With a DVP doing most of the talking,
there really is a lot of time to keep track of the scores on the football field
too (go Trojans).  As it turned out the sweep came Sunday morning so the rest
of the day became just a part time effort.

73,
Jim, W6KC