[3830] CQWW CW N6RO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6RO SOAB HP
From: n6ro@arrl.net (n6ro@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 20:38:11 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:     45      8      7
   80:    190     23     32
   40:    520     29     76
   20:    656     26     77
   15:    763     32     92
   10:    787     32     94
-------------------------------
Total:   2870    150    378  =  4,197,072

Club/Team: NCCC

Comments:

Celebrated my 63rd birthday by contesting.  First SO in this test since the 70s
- now I know why I went to multi-multi class - I ache everywhere!  But, I had a
good time.  Had 2100 QSOs in the first 24 hours, then condx went in the dump
Saturday night.  My target was 3M points or 2500 QSOs, so I'm not disappointed.
 Had condx been good all weekend, 5M (new W6 record)would have been in reach.

Low bands were strange: A few dozen EU on 40 and no EU shortpath on 80; but got
two on LP and four zone 21 stations on 80 - A92, A61, A45, HZ1!  160 was
useless to the east- no SA/CARIB.