[3830] CQWW CW K8CC M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8CC M/M HP
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 00:11:00 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC, K8DD, K8JM, K8MM, K8MV, W8MJ, W8UA, WD8S, WX3M
Station: K8CC

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     46     12     25
   80:    452     25     82
   40:   1009     31    117
   20:   1765     38    149
   15:   1401     35    129
   10:   1481     34    129
-------------------------------
Total:   6154    175    631  =  14,033,266

Club/Team: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Compared to last year, more QSOs but less mults for almost exactly the same
claimed score.

Thank goodness the flares did not kill the bands completely.  We had a 45
minute blackout period each day, then the bands came slowly back.

160M very poor, particularly 2nd day.  However we did work two JAs - a big
thrill for us this far east.

Best-ever efforts for this station on 80, 20 and 10.  40 was very good for EU
sunrise both days - our 3L @ 120' seems particularly well-suited for this path.

Widespread use of internet spotting and SO2R has created absolute bedlam in
pileups on multipliers.  With SO MANY stations calling, and with no apparent
willingness to stop and listen, many of these pileups were complete wastes of
time - it was more productive to keeping CQing.

Lots of fun, even from W8.

73,

Dave/K8CC