[3830] CQWW CW N7IP SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7IP SOAB HP
From: kl9a@qsl.net (kl9a@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 01:39:44 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: N7IP
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: N6HR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:      4      3      3
   80:     27      8      9
   40:     82     19     44
   20:    409     28     83
   15:    704     32     93
   10:    714     31     94
-------------------------------
Total:   1940    121    326  =  2,437,938

Club/Team: WWDXC, WWYC Team #1

Comments:

The 20/40m antenna did not have a rotor, and the armstrong wouldn't work.  I
think something was jammed in the rotor itself that didn't let it move.  It
sure moved a lot when it got windy though...too bad I was asleep. :)
Lots of sleep, plenty of time to eat, etc.  I pretty much slept all night.  The
first night I was pointed to EU on 40m, but it was just too frustrating.  They
just couldn't hear me!  The 2nd night was better, but I went to sleep because
it was stuck way far away from EU...and slept right through JA's.  Caught A61AJ
on 40m at sunrise for a miracle qso...he was right off the side!
I guess this isn't a bad score considering I missed major runs and mults at
night.  First time using a C31XR, and I was impressed.  It's only lacking on
20m, and I felt LOUD on 10 and 15..especially in pileups.  Had to send
everything by hand... I think I wore a hole through my thumb. :) Won't go into
a lot of detail, but this was a lot of fun.
Huge thanks to Hillar for letting me stay at his place while he plays in the
carib, and to Caleb, AD7U, for helping with setup and helping me find the
place.
Rig: FT1000MP (gotta love this thing!)
Antennas: C31XR, 4 el 20, 3 el 40 (I think another F12), Wires on 80/160
Amp: Alpha 91B
Now, back to school!
73,
Chris KL9A (ex WL7KY)