[3830] CQWW CW K4XU SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K4XU SOAB HP
From: k4xu@arrl.net (k4xu@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 02:07:02 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:     12      7      6
   80:     31     14     19
   40:    279     24     66
   20:    620     33    104
   15:    373     34     91
   10:    290     28     80
-------------------------------
Total:   1605    140    366  =  2,284,084

Club/Team: CODXC

Comments:

Tribander and wires.
Really glad I put in max effort Friday night.
Got 5 hours solid sleep after 09Z Saturday night. It was tough to
keep interest up Sunday after the flare. Heard SU9ZZ 8Q7WW and a J28
but only after the propagation had left us left coasters in the dust.
Kudos to VU2s PAI and WAP calling CQ to US.  Easy to work if not
spotted recently.

The packet piles are something! The asst'ed ops seem to be
jumping on spots and calling before they even check
if the spot is good ...load, fire, aim.

I am plagued with an S6 broadband white noise on 80m which peaks
slightly at 3530. It falls off at 1dB/10kc either side.
It's not from my house, and not observed on 40m or 160m.
It's continuous, been here for two+ years, and I can't locate it.
I'm in a neighborhood w/ 2acre lots.  Any ideas?

Dick