[3830] CQWW CW K5IID SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5IID SOAB LP
From: K5IID@WVADVENTURES.NET (K5IID@WVADVENTURES.NET)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:41:16 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K5IID
Operator(s): K5IID
Station: K5IID

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV--ZONE 5
Operating Time (hrs): 30+/-

  160:      5      2      2
   80:     21     10     15
   40:    103     15     48
   20:    201     25     75
   15:    290     26     83
   10:    554     29     88
-------------------------------
Total:   1174    107    311  =  1,404,480

Club/Team:

Comments:

 With my barefoot MP, wires on 16(really short),80 and 40 and a 2 el quad at 50
feet, I really "felt" loud most of the weekend.
 Thought I did pretty well alll things considered.
 Room for improvement??? You better believe it! In all aspects...especially:
 1. Personal operating habits...more stick-to-it tiveness(sp?).
 2. Better antennas for the low bands, but just not very much room in the back
yard.
 3. More gadgets??? Possibly...

 Was fun and really great conditions until about 16:30 UTC Sunday...it went
away
and never really came back.

 There are some fantastic receivers in Europe... Hats off to those guys that
hear me first call with my dinky setup!!! Same on 80.

See everyone in the 10 Meter Test!