[3830] CQWW CW K3II M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3II M/M HP
From: k3ct@fast.net (k3ct@fast.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:14:54 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K3II
Operator(s): K3II, K3CT, WF3H, NY3B
Station: K3II

Class: M/M HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 44.1

  160:     49     13     32
   80:    168     18     75
   40:    469     27     99
   20:   1177     37    134
   15:    817     35    122
   10:   1039     35    130
-------------------------------
Total:   3719    165    592  =  8,024,957

Club/Team: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This is probably our best finish for this three station Multi-Multi. Two of the
operators have never operated a DX contest from this station.

We had trouble with the 15m rig/amp and the top 20m antenna. Several times
during the contest, the 20m antenna switched to a near open circuit without
warning. During these periods we switched to the low antenna fixed on Europe
until the antenna recovered on it's own.

It was great to share this experience with good operators that have cast iron
bottoms.