[3830] CQWW CW N8AA SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8AA SOAB LP
From: comella@worldnet.att.net (comella@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:45:33 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: N8AA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ohio (04)
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:     20     10     11
   80:     87     12     39
   40:    230     22     74
   20:    313     28     87
   15:    488     31    101
   10:    620     31    113
-------------------------------
Total:   1758    134    425  =  2,807,857

Club/Team: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Radio: FT-1000MP   Antennas: Hy-Gain TH5 on a 60' aluminum tower (Universal).
Load the tower for 160/80.  Delta loop for 40 suspended from the tower.

QTH is a small pie shaped city lot - about 90' at the widest point.  The tower
is only about eight feet from the corner of the house and 15 feet from a chain
link fence (at the nearest point) but seems to work well on 160/80 in spite of
its proximity to the house and fence.

Conditions were excellent - even with the solar flare on Sunday.  When that
happened (at first, I thought my radio died) I left the radio, grabed a
sandwhich and a cup of coffee and returned shortly to find conditions almost
back to what they'd been before the flare.

Came across YI9OM (15 meters) and a huge crowd calling him. I didn't call.
Later I came across him again but the crowd was gone!  I got him with one call!
Sometimes you get lucky!

John - N8AA