[3830] CQWW CW VE3FU SOSB/40 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3FU SOSB/40 LP
From: ve3fu@rac.ca (ve3fu@rac.ca)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:26:38 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: VE3FU
Operator(s): VE3FU
Station: VE3FU

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Nr Ottawa
Operating Time (hrs): ~32

  160:
   80:
   40:    909     23     89
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    909     23     89  =  89

Club/Team: Capital Region DX Club

Comments:

Equipment Description:

TS-430S (no filters!)
2-el Delta Loop (switchable NE/SW) @ 55'

Comments:

I was hoping for 1000 QSOs, 90 countries, and a score of 300K, but it just
didn't happen.  I really thought it was possible after sunrise Sunday morning
when I was sitting at 881 x 23 x 88 => 243K, but the solar flare took care of
that.  I worked 28 QSOs and 1 new country in the last 3 hours.  I heard another
EU multiplier (IT9), but I just couldn't bust the pileup.  I noticed the EU's
were much weaker on when I got back on for the last 3 hours on Sunday and by
the last hour even the W's were fluttery.

I didn't hear much from South America.  I heard (and worked) only 1 LU, 1 HC, 1
CX, and 3 PY's.  I guess when conditions are good they all migrate to the high
bands and do SO/10/15/ or 20.  I thought I was missing a lot of Caribbean and
Central American mults until I had a good look at KC1XX's multiplier list and
compared it to mine.  KC1XX only worked 6 Carib/CA mults that I missed and only
worked one of each (e.g. 1 KP2, 1 VP2E, 1 HP, etc).  If they worked several of
each, I would have wondered what I was doing to miss them.  I also missed both
CE and XE for two double mults.  I noticed that KC1XX only worked one of each
of those also.

In EU, I worked all of the "common" mults, except CT and IT9.  I heard an IT9
(see above), but where was CT?  KC1XX worked only 1 CT.  I worked 10 EA's and 2
CT3's (heard 3), but not one CT!  Maybe CT1BOH should stay home next year :=)

There were a few mults that I called that got away and a few that I didn't even
bother to call.  I called two KL7's, an RA0 (zone 19), an EX/UA3, all for
double mults.  The following stations had huge pileups with a lot of big name
callers, so I didn't bother to call, figuring it was more profitable to S&P or
run:  P29VPY, YJ0V, AH2R, VK9NS, and VQ9SS.

Thanks to the following great mults that called me:  P3A, V47KP, A35RK, FR5FD,
9G5AA, and C56VB!!

And thanks for ZL3CW for sticking with me and not giving up.  He must have
taken about 5 minutes, time that he could have spent working the many others
calling, to confirm my call and report.

Thanks to all that called!

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC