[3830] ARRL160 K6CTA SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 K6CTA SO HP
From: k6cta@arrl.net (k6cta@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 16:07:45 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:     170     36        1      =  12617

Club/Team: NCCC

Comments:

Equip: FT1000MP MkV, Alpha 89, Ten Tec 238, verticals/wires.

I'm not sure that I would call this year's edition fun! Very quiet QTH
lets me hear well...however, it was frustrating not to be heard by
many east coast stations, while they were nice copy at my end. Only DX
was VP5K...what a great signal. Every time I went to call FM5GU, who also
had a good sig, I was met with someone firing up and calling CQ on top
of him! It seemed that there were many on who were "hearing impared".
Had lots of deep QSB which added to the fun! Still, I always enjoy the
challenge of 160. Thanks to all for the Q's.

73,
Ed K6CTA