[3830] ARRL160 W4NF M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 W4NF M/S HP
From: w4nf@aol.com (w4nf@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 21:03:50 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4NF
Operator(s):
Station: W4NF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:     679     66        3      =  94,323

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

Condintions were tough.  I heard only one European (RN6) and that was after
Bernie, W3UR spotted him.  He was Cqing on the same freq as V26JT who was much
louder.  So I only worked the FM, V26 and VP5 (really loud) but the highlight
was working KH6ND.  Digging out the CA sections last night and early this
morning was like working 1296 Mhz, real weak signal work.  I went to bed at
10PM local time on Friday evening because I was just plain tired and had to
make up for all the missed mults on the left coast on Saturday night.  Heard
but missed WWA, PR, SF and ID.  W7RM was workable but the two times I heard him
he was on the exact CQ freq as a very loud local.

FT 1000MP, Alpha 374A (1100 W), Inverted L (75' vertical the rest bent) with 32
radials (16 - 120' and 16 - 80'), 500' unterminated beverage NE/SW

Also worked about 36 dupes,  there were several people that worked me 3 times.
It was quicker to work them than try to explain that they were a dupe.  I had a
good time and I think I'll get ready for next year by adding 32 more radials or
getting the wire ready for my balloon vertical.  73 and thanks for the Qs, Jack
W4NF