[3830] CQWW CW WP2Z SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WP2Z SOSB/10 HP
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (DavidHarper@tx.slr.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:37:50 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: WP2Z
Operator(s): WD5N
Station: WP2Z

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: St.Croix, USVI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   2315     34    108
-------------------------------
Total:   2315     34    108  =  812,666

Club/Team: Central Texas DX & Contest Club

Comments:

This was the 3rd consecutive year for me to operate 10M single band low power
from WP2Z.  In '98 I set a new North American record, and then broke it in '99.
 So my main goal was to break it again, but I came up a bit short this year.  I
was 2 multipliers and around 150 Q's short of last year's effort.  The C3
antenna was missing part of the 10M reflector, and signals were definitely down
from what they should have been although the SWR was okay. Oh well.  And then
that major flare on Sunday didn't help things any.  I put a note in the log at
1649Z that said "Bands just died.  Major flare?"  And then later when checking
WWV they said that the major flare occurred at 1648Z.  That was certainly an
interesting event.  From the Caribbean, all of the Europeans went away except
for one of the big Hungarian stations.  As usual, this contest is huge fun.
QSL via KU9C.