[3830] ARRL10 N6IG M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 N6IG M/S HP
From: n6ig@hotmail.com (n6ig@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:28:38 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6IG
Operator(s): N6IG, PACKET
Station: W6GO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   CW:   1281    133
  SSB:   1432    129
----------------------
Total:   2713    262  =  2,094,952

Club: River City Contesters

Comments:

Believe it or not, this was my first real effort in this contest, so I don't
have a feel for how well I did.  The band didn't seem that great, and it didn't
help to see the solar flux keep dropping throughout the weekend.  10 was
certainly much better in the phone CQWW this year.

I went multi-single to use packet to help out the club score.  Otherwise, just
me at the controls.  I don't think packet was that big of a help, perhaps I got
half a dozen mults I wouldn't otherwise have gotten.  I had grand plans to do
two-radio things with these tall low-band bandpass cavities I had
available...but the lowest they would tune was 30 MHz, despite my hammering on
the rods.  Oh well, maybe next year...

Before the contest, K3EST and I were moaning about the plight of us
west-coasters in this contest.  He commented that someone on the east coast
with a dipole could blow us away.  Reading the N2NL score, with his stealth
dipole on the roof, pretty much validated Bob's comment...

Once again, my thanks to W6GO and K6HHD for letting me use their station.

73!  Jim  N6IG