[3830] ARRL10 KR1G SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 KR1G SO CW HP
From: ted@demop.com (ted@demop.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:12:37 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KR1G
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: nh
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   1712    140  =  959,280

Club: yccc

Comments:

                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 2000
      Call: KR1G                     Category: Single Operator

     CW    QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES
      Totals  1712     6852       61       79  =   959,280

Equipment Description:stack of 4 ele M-Squared at 25/50/75 and a Tribander (X9)
at 100'.
Computer problems as usual :( (reboot within first 5 minutes *#?*&*) , however
they were overshadowed by the
flaky XYL problems on Sunday - lost 3 hours.

5 Consecutive 100+ hours Saturday - not bad for this this op in a serial number
 EU run. Sunday MUCH slower -
peak hour less than 90.

Interesting working some EU many hours after others were gone (GM3POI, RA1's,
an OH
or two, an IT9 and an IS0.

Only called one op a lid -  F6**S who insisted on CQing on my freq in my face
when he (and I) were S9+20 - he
was zerobeat or damn close (probably a KR1G type problem - unknowingly split
:),
and had a 5 minute argument with IZ2*** over whether I was dupe or not - work
me and get on with the contest
OM!! Why did I waste 5 minutes!!!  Stubborn bastard -thats me.

EU was OK, JA very poor. They don't make sunspots peaks like they used to.

Saturday was LOTS of fun. Sunday, well I need the practice :)
As I often say, "this would make a hellofa24hourcontest" - and CQWW would make
a hellofa72hourcontest :)
(seriously, who can stay awake for 72 hours straight - this would make everyone
have a sleeping strategy!!)

73

Ted, KR1G

observed fully the rules and regulations of the contest, or else
I am ignorant or maybe stupid.