[3830] ARRL10 N9SE M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 N9SE M/S LP
From: n9se@arrl.net (n9se@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:02:14 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N9SE
Operator(s): N9XLV N9SE
Station:

Class: M/S LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:     97     70
  SSB:    240    114
----------------------
Total:    337    184  =  159,712

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

DeeAnn and I had a blast. This was her first contest and she
really enjoyed it. She worked phone and I put about 2 hours in on cw. I even
got her to make a couple of cw contacts...  ; )

Had a couple of malfunctions. Sat morning the cheapo hand mic I have for my
Omni VI+ stopped working. After a makeshift repair, I set out for R&L and,
after a six hour round trip, brought home a Heil headset. (Okay, I can bribe
her can't I?)....  Sunday, the feedline to the KT-34XA decide to short out.
After two trips up the tower in the rain/sleet, I put up an old run of 9913
that had suffered a lightning strike. It worked better than the dipole and
scored even more brownie-points with the xyl.

One thing I did notice is that she can break through a phone pileup *much*
faster than I can....Oh, and now she wants an amp, and a new rotor (RS232),
and a Force 12, and to get the operating position set up for multi-op...what
have I created?!? Our weapons are useless against the monster!

One final comment is how nice it was to use packet. This multi-op stuff is
okay!