[3830] ARRL 10M VO1MP CW-HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10M VO1MP CW-HP
From: gussam@newcomm.net (Gus Samuelson)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:22:42 -0330
                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 2000

      Call:         VO1MP
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:      High Power
      Band:        Mono 10
      Mode:       CW
      Prov:         NF

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW           2022     8092           62           83

      Totals          2022     8092          62            83  =
1,173,340

      OPERATING TIME ABOUT 26 HOURS.

     All reports sent were 599, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:   950SD &  SB220  HB 4 ELEMENT YAGI

Soap Box:

Conditions were not as good as the CQWW on ten,   however with my
make shift 30 foot tower for 10M still lashed to a tree and the antenna
barely sticking
over the tree tops, I have to wonder what a real antenna system would
do from here ,? ( except keep blowing down ).
No activity from the Pacific except kh6  and AH8I who called in for a
real treat. Our Sunset is two hours  ahead of Japanese sunrize so nary a
single JA , although another treat was VQ9 and E2 calling in . Plus side
of course is that we always get a pretty good jump on Europe before the
rest of North America wakes up. Unfortunately I was not expecting the band
to open much before sunrize on Saturday morning and was surprized to hear
many loud signals coming through at 1030Z, very early from Europe.
Toyed for a while to play both modes (any body can do 200/hr that mode)!
Hi!
 but all that hollering felt like too much work !
 The week before the contest I had constructed another three element for ten
 on a 14 ft boom to place fixed Northeast on my hill top tower, however
 installation weekend last week dumped 60 cms snow with gale force winds and
 humungous drifts in my back garden, so much for that plan.
Ran out of people to work on Sunday so things were pretty slow , had about
1200 Qs in the bag before I quit Saturday night.
Best score have ever posted in this CW only contest for  me. Managed to
do SINGLE BAND-WAS CW one week end always a big thrill, the contest within
the contest
so to speak. Figured I would miss Maine again and every time on Sunday I
worked
 A New Hampshire station I moaned about the lack of Maine, eventually I
worked about
 four, thanks to anybody who might have sent them my way !
 No PEI or NT, kinda like sweepstakes except single band effort hi!
 Worked every country I  heard but there seemed to be a few easy Europeans
 who never showed, would have liked a 100 but I dont see any with 100
 single mode countries in any of the 3830 posts. 10 Hours with a 100 or more
 but you gotta stop and do S&P STILL A DYNOSAUR (Single Radio Op)

 73 Thanks for all the qsos, hope to see y'all next one GLWCDR.
 Gus VO1MP.
 Some stats just for the fun of it hi!

 Break down of  Continents:

  VO1MP   ARRL 10 METER CONTEST    SO/CW     10 Dec 2000  2236z

                          Percent

 North America    CW 1056    52.2
 South America    CW   22        1.1
 Europe               CW  905     44.8
 Asia                    CW   24       1.2
 Africa                 CW   10        0.5
 Oceania             CW    5          0.2

 Europe usually acount for 60% or more of qso totals from here
 so I figure conditions were not great or else European activity
 is down considerably. Thanks for all the North American qsos.

HOUR      10    HR TOT  CUM TOT

 0    27/15    27/15     27/15
 1      .        .               27/15
 2      .        .                27/15
 3      .        .                27/15
 4      .        .                27/15
 5      .        .                27/15
 6      .        .                27/15
 7      .        .                27/15
 8    .....    .....              27/15
 9      .        .                27/15
10    47/22     47/22     74/37
11   112/20   112/20   186/57
12   141/8     141/8      327/65
13   100/11   100/11    427/76
14   113/9     113/9      540/85
15   137/11   137/11    677/96
16    93/5        93/5      770/101
17   159/6     159/6      929/107
18   104/11   104/11  1033/118
19    94/3        94/3    1127/121
20    43/3        43/3    1170/124
21    28/1        28/1    1198/125
22    15/0        15/0    1213/125
23      .        .              1213/125
 0    .....    .....             1213/125
 1      .        .               1213/125
 2      .        .               1213/125
 3      .        .               1213/125
 4      .        .               1213/125
 5      .        .               1213/125
 6      .        .               1213/125
 7      .        .               1213/125
 8    .....    .....             1213/125
 9      .        .              1213/125
10    17/3     17/3      1230/128
11    59/4     59/4      1289/132
12    86/1     86/1      1375/133