[3830] CQ WW CW DL3YBM SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WW CW DL3YBM SOAB HP
From: andreas.gissel@sap.com (Gissel, Andreas)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:46:53 +0100
                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call: DL3YBM                   Country:  Fed. Rep. of Germany
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator High Power
      Zone: 14

      160       34       32     0.94      3      22
       80      379      539     1.42     15      63
       40      353      711     2.01     18      73
       20      305      606     1.99     26      77
       15      365      740     2.03     28      79
       10      351      825     2.35     33      94

     Totals   1787     3453     1.93    123     408  =>  1,833,543

Equipment Description:

Club Affiliation: RRDXA

Comments:
Missed all my essential goals (at least 2 Million pts and / or 2000 Q's) but
hey this was BIG FUN anyway. Biggest thrill was finally working HC8N on 80,
so putting up an extra 80 m vertical for the contest paid off! It seems like
every year just before the contest all hell breaks loose at work, so again I
couldn't prepare as I originally planned. But then, isn't the chance of
improving the performance next year the motivating factor we all have in
common?

Special thanks go to my YL who thinks I am crazy but still lets me do the
WWDX (well, she's probably right) and my sister in law who helped me putting
up the 80 m vertical on Friday and putting it down again in drizzling rain
on Sunday afternoon.

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Dr. Andreas (Andy) Gissel  DL3YBM
               Zum Seeblick 36